Author Archives: vroom14
The Tigers may have not had the big sell-off that people were predicting after Al Avila’s comments after the regular season, only trading away Cameron Maybin and his $9 million salary. However, don’t expect the Tigers to stand pat in the 2017-18 offseason or even the 2017 Trade Deadline if the record suggests the Tigers are not going to be able to make a run.
View original post 594 more words
The Hot Stove heads toward Month #3, the last full month without baseball games, as next month will see the start of Spring Training and the World Baseball Classic.
Make sure to keep checking the article for an updated list of transactions throughout the month of January.
View original post 23 more words
TOP 5 BIGGEST TRADES:
- Red Sox acquire Chris Sale from the White Sox
- Nationals acquire Adam Eaton from the White Sox
- Cubs acquire Wade Davis from the Royals
- Nationals acquire Derek Norris
- Braves acquire Jaime Garcia from the Cardinals
TOP 5 BIGGEST SIGNINGS:
- Yankees sign Aroldis Chapman (5 years, $86 million; $17.2 million AAV)
- Cardinals sign Dexter Fowler (5 years, $82.5 million; $16.5 million AAV)
- Dodgers re-sign Kenley Jansen (5 years, $80 million; $16 million AAV)
- Rockies sign Ian Desmond (5 years, $70 million; $14 million AAV)
- Dodgers re-sign Justin Turner (4 years, $64 million; $16 million AAV)
TOP 5 PROSPECTS TRADED:
- Yoan Moncada (from BOS to CHW in Sale trade) – MLB’s overall #1
- Lucas Giolito (from WAS to CHW in Eaton trade) – MLB’s overall #3
- Michael Kopech (from BOS to CHW in Sale trade) – MLB’s overall #30
- Reynaldo Lopez (from WAS to CHW in Eaton trade)…
View original post 1,270 more words
Stunning news came out of the Winter Meetings Tuesday afternoon.
Dave Dombrowksi has done it again.
This time, it wasn’t Miguel Cabrera, Pudge Rodgriguez, Max Scherzer, David Price, or Craig Kimbrel, it was White Sox left-hander and 5-time All-Star Chris Sale.
View original post 417 more words
December tends to be the busiest month of the offseason, and as it gets underway, make sure to keep up to date with all transactions (waiver claims, Rule 5 selections, trades, signings) with Ground Rule Triple’s Hot Stove monthly articles.
- Mariners sign Marc Rzepczynski to a two-year deal
Make sure to keep checking the article for all the latest transactions in the month of December! All prospect rankings are from MLB Pipeline
Reports came out earlier today that the Mets were looking at Tigers outfielder J.D. Martinez as a potential fallback option if they could not bring back Cespedes. Hours later, it was reported that the Mets were optimistic in their chances to bringing him back. Then, it was reported that Yoenis will indeed re-sign with the Mets for a four-year deal worth $110 million.
View original post 259 more words
The Winter Meetings are next week, and we know, as always, the Tigers could be a major player in trade talks and rumors. However, for the first time in a while, the Tigers will be on the opposite side of the rumor mill–gauging interest in its own established players in return for prospects. So, I wanted to look at the past ten years and see what the Tigers have done in terms of transactions in what is usually MLB’s busiest week of the offseason.
View original post 646 more words
Seeing two former Detroit Tigers, Max Scherzer and Rick Porcello, win the Cy Youngs this year got me thinking. There are a lot of former Tigers out there…what would a roster look like of those players? Here is that roster ranking players based on fWAR in 2016. I’ll also include career highlights.
View original post 669 more words