Search Results for posnanski
Chuck Booth (BBBA President) Follow @chuckbooth3024
Follow The BBBA On Twitter Follow @baseballblogs
2016 “Joe Posnanski Award” Winner: Ken Rosenthal
***Given to a baseball writer who, along with quality writing, has a strong internet presence.***
- Ken Rosenthal: Rosenthal has been the lead field reporter for Major League Baseball on Fox for over a decade. He is also an insider on MLB Network. His blog can be found on FoxSports. In 2015, he won the Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding Sports Personality – Sports Reporter. You can follow him on Twitter at Follow @Ken_Rosenthal
Going against previous winners of the Award in Craig Calcaterra and Jonah Keri, Ken Rosenthal ran away with the voting late to pull down the BBBA’s 2016 “Joe Posnanski Award”.
Thanks to all that voted and participated in the poll. Over 40% of the members voted, with several of our enrollment having multiple websites listed.
The next Award we will be addressing this year will be a vote for the MLB ALL – Star Ballots in June, then we also have the Tony Gwynn Leadership Award in July.
As a member of the BBBA, you only have to cast your votes on 1 of the 5 Awards processes for the year, although you are welcome to partake in all of them.
***The views and opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of bbba.work and their other members***
Chuck Booth – BBBA President
It is fantastic to be president of such an awesome collection of Baseball Bloggers. I hope we grow our membership to great heights in the coming years.
Each one of us has a passion for the game of baseball, and have many things we can teach one another.
Recent Members Added:
Big Welcome and #FF 2 new #BBBA (@baseballblogs) member @batflips_nerds chk out their website at https://batflipsandnerds.wordpress.com/
Big Welcome and #FF 2 new #BBBA (@baseballblogs) member @Plate_Coverage – chk out their website at platecoverage.com
Please welcome new website http://www.baseballranks.com/ to our membership at the BBBA
A Big Shoutout and #FF 2 new #BBBA members from @BallhawkTalk chk out their ballhawk podcast here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq-OgFmTTxU8X_9D4faqE0Q
Big Shutout/ #FF 2 the newest #BBBA member/Featured DFS writer @mlbreports: @Qualcomm98 – also CHK out his website: 60ft6in.com. He had co-developed a new stat called F12 – Factor 12 (F12) is an analytic measurement utilizing league average performance to compare the value of all MLB pitchers on 60ft6in.com.
A Big Shutout and #FF to 2 the newest #BBBA member @AcrossClemente – Check out Anthony Malky’s site at http://crosstheclemente.sportsblog.com/
Follow and subscribe to the podcast http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mets-public-record
A casual look at Major League Baseball and The New York Mets. Call-in When we are live! #347-326-9300
Please welcome groundruletriple.com to the General Chapter at the #BBBA.
- If you are a baseball blogger – and want to Join the @baseballblogs and/or @MLBreports writing + social media teams http://wp.me/P1iuH8-dRUGreat Podcasts from R
#BBBA members are found here on this pg http://wp.me/P1rSZ7-n4 2 Join visit membership pg @ http://bbba.work
Explanation of Benefits to Joining the
#BBBA & @mlbreports /Contact us About becoming a member http://wp.me/P1rSZ7-gU via @baseballblogs
Baseball Bloggers Alliance
Article I: Purpose
The purpose of the Baseball Bloggers Alliance (BBBA) is to foster communication and collaboration amongst bloggers across baseball, increasing understanding and knowledge about the game.
Article II: Membership
Any blog that has been in existence two months and has 20 posts is eligible to become a member of the BBBA. Members are placed into chapters that correspond with their blogging focus.
To retain membership, a blogger must meet three criteria.
- Criteria 1: A blogger must not have a gap longer than two (2) months between posts on his/her blog.
- Criteria 2: A blogger must have at least thirty (30) posts during a calendar year, save the year that they join the BBBA.
- Criteria 3: A blogger must vote in at least one (1) of the four (4) voting opportunities during the year. (See Article III.)
If the criteria are not maintained, a blog may be placed on inactive status or dropped from the organization, depending on circumstances.
The criteria above for eligibility and retaining membership will go into effect January 18, 2015.
A blogger may not have more than one voting blog in the organization at a time. Blogs, websites, or individuals may also be listed as a “Friend of the BBBA.” Friends receive e-mailings, are listed on the official BBBA website, and may post the BBBA logo on their site, but may not participate in any of the voting opportunities. Friends also do not have any requirements to retain their status.
Article III: Voting
There will be five (5) different voting opportunities during a calendar year. As noted in Article II, a member must participate in at least one (1) of these opportunities.
- In January, there will be a vote based on the official Hall of Fame ballot for the BBBA recommendation of who should be selected. This will be done either via e-mail or internet form. All active members are eligible to participate.
- In March, there will be a vote for the Joe Posnanski Award, given to a baseball writer who, along with quality writing, has a strong internet presence.
- In June, there will be a vote for those to be selected to the Major League Baseball (MLB) All-Star Game. This voting will be done via posts on member blogs detailing their selections. All active members are eligible to participate.
- In July, there will be a Tony Gywnn leadership award. This voting will be done through a poll. All active members are eligible to participate.
- In October, there will be voting for post-season awards.
- There will be five awards voted on. Newbie of the Year (to correspond with the official Rookie of the Year), Skipper of the Year (Manager of the Year), Pitcher of the Year (Cy Young Award), Player of the Year (MVP Award), and Goose Gossage Award (given to top reliever in each league).
- Each chapter will receive two votes for each award. Votes will be delegated in a manner designated by the chapter president. Voters will vote for the league their team is in. In the case of the general, non-team-specific chapters, the voter may vote for whichever league they wish.
- Ballots must be posted to the member’s blog (or another designated publically viewable area on the internet) by the deadline set for the award.
Article IV: Miscellaneous
Chapter presidents will be initially selected by the BBBA President. Chapters are then free to set up their own methods of changing those presidents in the future, if they wish. If a chapter president resigns with no mechanism in place to select a replacement, the BBBA President in consultation with other members of that chapter will appoint a new president.
Members are encouraged to link to other members and the official BBBA website as well as posting a BBBA logo on their site.